Friday, October 25 2013
When it comes to Chimney cleaning, people generally appreciate professional chimney sweeps in Chicago. Professional chimney sweeps is performed without any trouble with specialized tools and doesn’t take much time. But, this is not all. Hiring professionals once or twice a year is not enough. As homeowners, one must know essentials of chimney cleaning. Given below is information on how to keep fireplace clean and when to clean.
1) It’s advisable that a chimney which is used four times should be cleaned at least once in a year.
2) The best time to request chimney cleaning tasks such cleaning fireplace brick, smoke, soot, ashes repair and maintenance is during summer months. Or else request for chimney sweeping during spring season as this will not allow dirt to settle and prevent staining during summer. Many homeowners neglect chimney cleaning for years which can cause fire hazard.
3) Your chimney cleaning service providers should be certified by Chimney Sweep Institute of America. CSIA has set standards across the industry with respect to chimney cleaning methods, repair and restoration.
4) While searching right service provider, get reference from your neighbors, friends and family. Homeowners can request for a direct feedback from the clients of prospective company. If the service provider refuses to provide any reference then switch to some other company
5) 5) Chimney cleaning is essential for any home, therefore never take a chance or neglect chimney cleaning. Moreover, never take a chance with company you aren’t confident about.
If you want information related to chimney sweeps in Chicago, then contact Chicago Chimney & Fireplace Co. at 708-358-0505.
Your go-to resource for all fireplace accessories, fireplace repair and maintenance, custom built fireplaces, chimney repair, and chimney installation.